Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm Bringing Knitting Back...



I love anything soft and warm. Fuzzy socks, fuzzy blankets, fuzzy sweaters, fuzzy scarves. I think that scarves are beautiful and one of the greatest things that Winter brings out. Especially fuzzy scarves!
I was going through my scarf collection last week and decided that I needed a new fuzzy scarf. A long scarf. A scarf that I can wrap around my neck and my head. A scarf that I can tuck into my coat. A scarf that will keep my cheeks and lips warm. The perfect scarf.
In order to buy the perfect scarf I of course had to find it first. I curled up in my bed with my laptop and busted out the Google. I Googled for a good hour, looking at all sorts of different kinds of scarves and where to buy them.
Most of the scarves that I fell in love with were well over $300.00 (Canadian) which is clearly an insane price to pay...soooo...I decided to take up knitting...
I used to knit when I was younger but I didn't know how to cast on (which is the first row of the knit) I could only knit and purl (which is the actual knitting procedure). I had to learn! How, you ask, did I learn? I Googled it! Google brought me to an ab-fab knitting video on youtube that I have posted above for your viewing and learning pleasure.
It is a short video but I it taught me well. What a synch knitting is!! Too much fun!!
To practice with and for a total of $9.00 I was able to purchase .5mm knitting needles and a gigantic ball of simple white yarn from Wal-mart.
Now that I am a self-proclaimed knitting pro, I am on a mission to find the perfect yarn for my scarf and will be doing so this week. After viewing more knitting video's I do believe that I will require some thicker needles and will purchase those as well...to knit the rad scarf that I have dreamed up in my mind.
Clearly, knitting is not just for Grandmothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment