Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Liplicious! It's Vicious!


I love all things makeup and have spent a small (but probably large) fortune on makeup in my 29 years of existance. Well, 13 years of makeup existance because I wasn't allowed to wear it until I was 16. Crazy, I know...

Anyway, I was shopping at the Devonshire Mall in Windsor on Boxing Day and discovered this cute little tube of heavenly balm on a shelf at Bath and Body Works. There were tons of them there so I assumed that it wasn't such a good product. I like to try new things; things that most people wouldn't dare try, so I purchased the little bitty that you see on the left. I just had to...it was the Tawnalicious thing to do.

One end consists of a brown sugar lip scrub and the other end is a mango colada tinted/scented lippy. There were a couple different tints and scents but the mango was appealing to me because it would sync well with my skin tone.
 I have to admit, the sugar lip scrub tripped me out a bit. I didn't think that sugar would do anything to my lips but make them sticky. It just seemed bizarre. I was totally weirded out. But I tried it...

The directions say to lick your lips after you smoosh them together with the sugar scrub. I'm not down with licking my lips at all so I just blot the excess sugar off with a bit of tissue before applying the mango goodness. There is no stickiness involved. There is however, some sort of softener in with the sugar that makes your lips silky smooth. Top it off with the tinted side and your lips will be a kissable cushion all day long.

I'm telling you, I love my lip medex but it appears that we have a new lippy favourite in town. It is a tube of goodness that every chick muuuuust have!!

Photo © Copyright, Tawny Gelinas, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment