Wednesday, March 9, 2011

An Epic Monstrosity


Everyone who is anyone in my world knew that Sunday March 6th, 2011 was bound to be an epically historical day in my life.

I had two tickets to see one of the most brilliantly theatrical entertainers known to our world in this day and age. I had two tickets to sit in the audience of a show that promised to bring the wild persona's out of everyone in attendance. I had two tickets to scream my little heart out and belt out lyrics that I listen to on the radio and my iPod every day. I had tickets to a ball. The Monster Ball. Gaga's Monster Ball.

If you read my post from Saturday that I published after 3am, excitement was taking over my body. I couldn't sleep. I could hardly function. I felt like I was 8 years old on Christmas Eve. Stoked!! I was so stoked to be going to her concert!!

I am completely aware that Gaga isn't liked by everyone. People have made their judgements based on the fact that she says things that are completely out of left field, the fact that she dresses light years beyond and behind her time and the fact that she simply isn't the norm. She's provocative. She's bizarre. She's taboo. She is (I am almost 100% certain) someone who everyone at some point in their life wishes or has wished that they could be, but is afraid to be. She is who she is and I commend her for that.

I have never in my life been to an event that people from so many different walks of life attended. Moms and Dads together with their children. Dads solo with their teenie bopper daughters and Moms solo with their teenie bopper sons. 80 year old Granny's and Grampy's out on a date night and 20 year old boyfriends and girlfriends still courting. Bi's, Gay's and Lesbian's. Bestfriends. Middle aged men and women. Literally every ethnicity and creed. It was amazing to see so many different people in attendance to watch someone that so many people claim to despise.

Gaga is a very open entertainer. Granted, yes, it may just be a show, but she did speak with a vast amount of sincerity and brought tears to the eyes of many around us. The stories that she told touched home with a lot of people exactly as her songs do and as crazy as it sounds to some, her sense of humour is quite charming.

She entertains with the message to be open and honest and bare yourself to the world. To love who you are, be who you are, and accept who you are. Why? Because you were born the way that you are. That's powerful.

I suggest, that if at any point in your life, you are given or have the opportunity to experience one of her concerts, that you absolutely do so. It is quite the monstrosity.

I proudly adore her.

The Monster Ball - Scotiabank Place, Saturday March 6th, 2011 

The Scotiabank Place was packed solid - an estimated 12,000 fans in all of their glory attended

Little Monster, Jacob - sporting his Gaga Gear - He was too cute!!

A couple of Jacob's BFF's - also way too cute!!

I loved the red head and the white head in the crowd - Viva La Canada!!
 All pictures listed  © Copyright, Tawny Gelinas, 2011

2 comments:

  1. HEY! This is Jacob! Your pictures look phenomenal! Hope you don't mind but I posted your link on my fb for my friends to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob!! Thank you again for letting me take your picture. You and your friends were way too adorable. Enjoy the pictures, love!

    ReplyDelete