Monday, August 29, 2011

I Love Family Weekends!

Given that I live about 9 hours (driving distance) away from my parents (and most family), I don't get to see them very often anymore. We speak on the phone daily, Skype, Facebook and MSN but no technological means of communication is quite the same as being with them in person. I may be bias but I must admit that I have the most amazing family. We always have so much fun together!

This weekend we all travelled to my parents' house down south to surprise my Mom for her 69th (she will probably kick my ass for posting her age online LOL) birthday! at 7pm on Saturday evening when she finally found out that we (her family), along with about 60 of her dearest friends were all there to celebrate an early birthday for her, she was in absolute shock, flashed her beautiful smile and broke down in tears.

My cousin Ashley is a chef and made 140 of the most amazing chocolate cupcakes that you could ever imagine, with five different types of buttercream icing - Vanilla bean, fresh raspberry, cocoa, coconut and caramel. Not only were they beautifully decorated with sparkles and sprinkles but they were a tastebud heaven as well. We had a great dinner, live entertainment, games, drinks, beautiful company and a very happy birthday girl!

One of my favourite things to do is to sit with my family and talk. We literally talk and laugh for hours. Some of my fondest family memories are of all of us gathered around my parents long kitchen table laughing and talking over dinner or a game of some sort. It is too sad that our weekend couldn't have gone on longer. The next time we will all be together is at Christmas time - which is one reason why we had an early birthday for Mom this year.

Although I am happy to be back in The Twa, I miss everyone so much already!!

I will post some pictures from our weekend later on :)

As a side note - As you all know, I have been raving about Macadamia Natural Oil hair products. My Mom had been aching to try them so for her birthday, one of the gifts that we all gave her was the shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and oil treatment. Well, she is now in love with these products as much as I am. After we did her hair yesterday, she spent the rest of the afternoon running her fingers through her hair and having everyone touch her pretty locks! Her hair went from its "straw" state to soft, silky and full of life - in just one use! Unbelievable! Mom was stoked!

I wish you all a beautiful week! Be sure to spend time with those that you love. And don't forget to laugh. A lot.

xTx

1 comment: