Sunday, September 4, 2011

Banana's for Pravana

As I previously mentioned, this post will be the kick off to my Five ★ Sunday series. Each Sunday I will publish a post highlighting some of the things that I am currently using and consider to be super wonderful. If it has made it to Five ★ Sunday, it is because I want to share my excitement with you :)

Canadian summers (as all Canadian's know) are extremely hot and humid so I don't generally style my hair until autumn arrives. The arrival of autumn means that the humidity disappears and pretty hair styles are able to return. To me, this means curls. I adore long bouncy curls. Curls that keep their shape but are fexible. There is nothing worse than the feeling of rigid hair that won't move! Autumn hasn't quite arrived yet, but in preparation for it I have been curling my hair and trying out some new products that are amazing.

The first is Pravana's Elevate Botanical Root Boost. This booster is alcohol-free and happily fortified with natural ingredients like horsetail, sunflower and jojoba extracts and Panthenol Pro-Vitamin B5. After washing my hair and towel drying the wetness out, I simply apply the foam to my roots and work it out to the ends. I comb through, blow dry (with my head upside down) and curl with my flat iron. I love that the hair on top of my head stays awake even with the added weight of my curls. I never walk away from my bathroom mirror looking like Snookie but I do walk away with hair that stays moisturized, has volume, shine and bouncy curls that move when I move - and it smells like fresh pomegranate's too :)
My curls don't generally keep their shape for very long  (without help) in the summer. Pravana's Super Shape Hair Spray is phenomenal. It is highly concrentrated so only a small amount of product is required to tend to your hair's style and to provide a very flexible but firm hold. If you are working on a style that requires a heavy hold, just spray longer until desired. Brushing through your curls with a round brush after you have applied your hair spray will again leave them bouncy, full of life and smelling lovely. Last night I was in Quebec for an evening out - After applying my Root Boost, I curled my hair and spritzed it with Super Shape. Even though it was hot and humid, my frizzless curls didn't want the evening to end - They stayed in place all night long. Most importantly, when I use this hair spray it doesn't make my scalp itchy (which hair spray often does) nor does my hair feel like a dried out train wreck at the end of the day.

In ancient Sanskrit, Pravana means "the source of all things". Out of Woodland Hills California, Pravana's hair care and style collection (everything from shampoo and conditioner to hair paste) was created by professional stylists and all products are sulfate-free, cruelty-free, paraben-free and eco-conscious. Their fabulous products can be purchased in fine salon's and spas throughout America. An added benefit to purchasing Pravana products is that they have a Technical Hotline for any questions that you may have pertaining to their hair products. That is serious service!

Below are a couple of pictures that I took last night. I apologize for the terrible quality. Next time I will bust out my Canon.

Happy boosting and spritzing, my lovelies ;)
xTx
Product photo's courtesy of http://www.pravana.com/
Three photo's of Tawny, © Copyright Tawny Gelinas, 2011

Full Disclaimer: The products I have spoken of were provided to me by Pravana. No further compensation was received and no guarantee of a positive review was promised nor expected. All opinions expressed are my own - we all know I have one! Thank you, Pravana for assisting with my curls, I am ready for autumn to arrive!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I live in Ottawa and came across your blog while looking for Pravana products. Do you live in Ottawa, and if so, where do you get yours? I can't find ANYONE that carries it!
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,

      I apologize for the delayed response!!

      Pravana sent me the Root Boost and Hair Spray to try. I may be mistaken but at this time I don't think that Pravana products are available for purchase in Ontario but you can check out their Salon Locator here; http://www.pravana.com/pravanacares.html

      Take care,

      Tawny

      Delete
    2. Hi Sarah,

      I was advised that you can contact Pravana's distributor for Ottawa at the following;

      Attention: Gerry Block at Defined Bty Systems: 416-200-1247.

      Mr. Block will be able to assist you with finding a salon.

      Good Luck!! If you contact Mr. Block, let me know what you find out.

      Cheers,

      Tawny

      Delete
  2. Excellent website you have so much cool information!..
    perm mississauga

    ReplyDelete