Monday, February 7, 2011

Twenty


I remember the day that you were born. I was only 10 years old. I was spending the day at work with Papa when we got the call that your mom had had you. You had arrived into our world safe and sound. It was so exciting to have another cousin. I couldn't wait to meet you.

I immediately fell in love with you. You were so cute, so silly, so funny. We called you Toady, Toadster, Cojo and Code (not Cod). You were simply adorable.

You had the cutest personality. You were so smart. And charming. Everyone adored you.

I remember that cute little green knitted outfit that your Nana made for you. So adorable.

I remember when you were little, still learning how to read and the word "awesome" became "aww-we-so-me".

I remember reading you and Bunny books for hours on end. So many books. You loved books.

I remember teaching you how to say "whatever". You went to school and said it to your teacher. She didn't like that very much. You got into trouble because of me and I'm sorry for that. Your Dad was so mad at me.

I remember the time you attacked the frog in Grammy and Papa's driveway. Not cool. Not cool at all. But we still loved you.

I remember you not having any interest in horses or rodeos. You would have rather played Nintendo, drawn a picture or read a book. We didn't love you any less.

I remember you drawing in my art books. Taking your time and defining every last detail. I loved that you were an Artist.

I remember how quiet you were. And how loud you were.

I remember you being good. I hardly remember you being bad.

I remember you entertaining Ashley and I with your crazy antics.

I remember you singing "1, 2, 3, Train with me...". You loved trains. And that song.

I remember many things.

But the one thing I remember the most is that I loved you so, so much. I loved you more than life itself.

I am so proud of your accomplishments thus far. I am so proud to call you family. My cousin.

Keep doing what you do, Cody. Keep being who you are.

I love you with all of my heart and I wish you a very happy 20th birthday,

Tawn

P.S. I love you more than shoelaces.

P.P.S. You better be coming to visit this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. love you more than coconut soup! thanks bestest cousin Tawn :D

    ReplyDelete