Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Katie

Sometimes people do things for me that make me so, so happy. So happy that I scream so loud that I shock myself!!

Today (well, yesterday, technically) I wasn't having the best of days. A couple of things happened at work in the morning that I was battling my way through. I managed to get everything in order, but my day didn't start off to be sunshine and lollypops.

One of my dearest friends in the world, whom I am so fortunate to work with always knows when something is up, whether it is good or bad. I swear that she reads my mind (I tell her this all of the time) because it never fails - If I need her she is there.

On Monday she and I had a quick conversation about Sephora. She was telling me about her new highlighting skills and how much she loves the new Sephora at the mall that we both frequent. During our chat she mentioned that she wanted to become a Kardashian (we are just silly like that) and I mentioned that I was aching to try the NARS Turkish Delight lippy that Kim uses which I planned on getting when i went back to Sephora.

Fast forward to today...

During lunch today, my beauty bestie stopped in to see me. She smiled and asked if I was having a bad day. Without hesitation, I answered with "yes"! Out from her purse (or whatever she was holding; it's all a blur now due to the excitement) she pulled a little Sephora bag and handed it to me telling me that we (as in people in general) don't ever receive enough presents.

There in my little Sephora bag was the NARS Turkish Delight I had spoken of the day before!!

Completely unexpected, I screamed and hugged her with excitement. She totally made my day!!

Immediately after she left my office I received two work related phone calls in a row that were also unexpected and my day immediately started to pick up from there.

Sometimes the smallest things in life can make such a huge impact. You may not know it but that good deed you did or are about to do may completely make someone's day turn from awful to amazing and the good karma that your deed brings with it may change an entire series of events. You just never know!

I am so, so thankful to have a Katie in my life. I hope that you are blessed with a Katie too!!

I'm loving me some Turkish Delight!!

xTx

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment