Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Phantom Farm

I like to think that I am a brave person, but really, when it comes to really scary things, I am just a wimp. I cry like a baby when I am scared. Actually, first I laugh hysterically. And then I cry. A lot.

Phantom Farm, located north of Port Hope, Ontario is by far one of the scariest things I have experienced in my life. I've been through the silly haunted rooms at Canada's Wonderland, Wasaga Beach and Center Island. I experienced some scary themed ordeal at Universal Studio's in California. I've been through many Hallowe'en haunted houses in my lifetime. Some cheesy. Some decent. But only one terrifying.

I know that the people involved are of course just in costume but for some reason, when you're in the middle of a barn that is pitch black, with just the sound of rattling chains and cold hands grabbing at your legs, you forget about the costumes. It's ridiculous, really. The only time I have ever been to Phantom Farm I dragged some poor man through the entire tour with me. I didn't pull him along, I literally dragged him. He was falling, begging me to let go, pleading that I slow down. By the end of the tour he was soaked with my tears. My Aunt and Uncle (whose dear friends own the farm) had forewarned the staff that I would be going through that night so they were all on the look out for me to ensure that I was terrified. They did a superb job of that. Around each corner I ran into someone who knew who I was and did everything possible to frighten me. As my Aunt laughed in hysterics, the poor guy that I was dragging through continued to plead. I buried my face in his chest, pulled on his arm, made him fall, trip and stumble. The poor guy! I threatened to hit every costumed being that I encountered and screamed enough for an army of fifty 12 year old girls.

This month we will be going back to experience the "fun". I'm not excited at all nor do I want to go. I have already decided that I will not be taking the barn trip but I am considering (I can't emphasize that enough!!) the hay ride through the haunted forest but the barn is just too much for me to handle.

If you enjoy being spooked and love all things Hallowe'en, Phantom Farm is definitely for you! People from all over Canada and the U.S. make a point to go to the farm each year. It is only open until the last week of October, so if you have the chance and crave a terrifying experience you should really swing by to enjoy the "fun".

...But don't say that I didn't warn you...

Happy almost Hallowe'en!

xTx

No comments:

Post a Comment