Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Banana Oat Pancakes

I love pancakes for breakfast but I especially love them when they are healthy. This quick pancake recipe will fill your tummy with the goodness that your body needs in the morning to pump you full of energy.

Ingredients

1 Banana
1/2 cup of Oat Flour
1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
A tiny bit of Coconut Oil for frying

Blend All ingredients in your blender, heat your frying pan, melt a bit of Coconut Oil in the pan and cook the pancakes as you normally would.

Depending on the mood that I am in, I either top them with banana's and peanut butter or I add blueberries or strawberries to them while they are cooking.

Oat Flour can be hard to find but if you make your own at home you won't have to worry about that. Just blend up some oats until they turn to flour and store it in an air tight container.

In the winter when I was growing up my Mom always made oats for me in the morning before school and still to this day I eat them all the time. Sometimes I even eat them for dinner with raisins and cinnamon!

Oats are very nutritious, keep your tummy full for a long time, they are full of vitamins and minerals such as Protein, Fibre, B1 and Magnesium, they are low in calories and cholesterol and are also healthy for your skin!

Eat your Oats!!

xTx

No comments:

Post a Comment