Saturday, July 26, 2014

Cherry Bomb Smoothie

Cherries. We all love them but do you know how amazing they really are? Do you have any idea what you
are doing for your body when you eat them? Hold onto your seats, my friends because these little balls of juiciness are so good for you!

Five good reasons why you should consider eating more cherries:

1. Cherries are full of antioxidants but also contain a high amount of Ellagic Acid, Queritrin and Perillyl Alcohol which are known as three of the most potent anticancer fighting agents. When my Dad was diagnosed with cancer over 10 years ago he drank a lot of cherry juice to help with the prostate cancer that he had. He battled his way through cancer and has been in remission ever since.

2. They help relieve the pain of arthritis and gout. Gout is another thing that my Dad has suffered from so I know how painful it can be but cherries can assist with that.

3. Given the anti infammatories in cherries, they can assist with curing migraines and can increase the melatonin levels in the blood which will help you have a healthy sleep.

4. Cherries are an excellent pre-workout food and are known to lessen the pain after intense workouts and activities.

5. Although I love all of the antioxidants I have to admit that I also love that they are rich in two flavanoids (bear with me here, this gets good) - One of which I mentioned above, Queritrin and the other is Isoqueritrin. These two antioxidants work to rid the body of oxidative stress byproducts which is amazing. I'm not a Doctor and I've probably lost you so let me break it down in layman's terms - This oxidative stress nonsense does something to our bodies that quickens the aging process BUT cherries are balls of miraculous super power wonder that SLOW THE AGING PROCESS DOWN!! OMG YES!! YES!! YES!!

Ingredients

18 fresh Cherries
1 cup of fresh or frozen Pineapple
1 cup of grapes
1 Apple (peel on)
8 frozen Peach slices
1 cup of Coconut Water

Blend until smooth and drink!!

xTx

No comments:

Post a Comment