Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Vegan Cacao Cupcakes

It is very rare that I eat chocolate but sometimes I crave it something fierce. Tonight was one of those nights.

After spending almost two hours at the gym today the last thing I wanted to do was get silly and eat a chocolate bar, nor was I about to venture out in the storm that we are currently having to buy one. So what does a chick do who is battling a craving but wants to keep it healthy? She gets creative.

Every chocolate cupcake recipe that I found had eggs, milk, oil, butter and all kinds of other ingredients that I wasn't wanting to bake with so I gathered a few measurements and went to town building this extra chocolately cupcake recipe.

Ingredients

1 cup of Almond Milk (I used Vanilla Almond Milk)
1 cup of Flour (I used regular white flour but you could probably use coconut flour, wheat flour etc)
3/4 cup of Brown Sugar (I'm sure that Coconut Sugar would be great too)
1/2 cup of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1/3 cup of Raw Organic Cacao Powder
1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp of salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake tins.
2. Pour the Almond Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar into a bowl and set it aside while you mix the dry ingredients together.
3. Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
4. Add all of the wet ingredients including the Almond Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar and stir or mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
5. Bake for 16-20 minutes. Check them with a toothpick to ensure that they are fully cooked.
6. Let cool and eat!

This recipe made 12 cupcakes.

I'm sure that they would be amazing with frosting on top but they are only about 100 calories without the frosting!! Yayyy Cacao Cupcakes!!

xTx

No comments:

Post a Comment