Monday, February 6, 2012

DIY - Re-vamped Melamine Bookshelves

My first Chalk Paint bookshelf is complete. Below are some pictures of my new beauty!

Here you have the ugliest melamine "wood" in the world. Disgusting. But not for long!


To begin, I painted two thin layers of my fancy DIY Chalk Paint over the entire shelf.


After the two coats of white were dry and complete I went in with an aqua (that looks way brighter in photo's than it does in real life) and distressed the white edges and sides with sand paper.



Below you can see the finished product empty and with a couple shelves of books. Chalk Paint sticks to melamine like glue!! I can only imagine how well it works on real wood!! Clearly, this makes my painting opportunities endless!!



Happy Monday!!

xTx

No comments:

Post a Comment