Saturday, February 4, 2012

Squash Soup for the Soul

I have had two butternut squash sitting on my kitchen counter for weeks waiting to be cooked. I love that squash have such hearty lives - They seem to last forever!? I also love squash soup. Especially on a cool winter's day.

I cook a lot but I have never made squash soup before. Normally I would have Google'd a recipe for it but today I decided to try my hand at making it sans Google search.

It turned out so delish, I thought that I would share the recipe with you!

8 Cups of Chicken Broth (I had the broth saved in our freezer from a roast chicken that we cooked in the crock pot last week)

4 Cups of Water

2 Butternut Squash (peeled and cut into cubes)

3 Large Carrots

5 Stalks of Celery

2 Medium Yellow Onions

Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Bring the broth and water to a boil, add all of the veggies, continue to boil until veggies are very soft (approximately 20-25 mins) and then remove from heat.
Fill your blender jug with 3/4 veggies and enough broth until it sits at the half way mark.
Puree on high until smooth.
Pour the soup into a large bowl or another pot and repeat the process until you have used all of the veggies up. You may have some broth left over which you can either freeze or toss out.

I'm not sure how much soup this recipe made but it made a lot! It was a huge hit with Babygirl.

C'est bon!

xTx

No comments:

Post a Comment