Sunday, February 12, 2012

Five ★ Sunday - Malibu C Scalp Wellness Shampoo and Conditioner

When I think of Malibu, California I let my mind take me away with thoughts of crystal blue water, rolling white waves, warm sand between my toes, the smell of salty sweet air with hints of coconut tanning oil, pineapple rum drinks with little pink umbrellas and my hair blowing on a warm beachy breeze. Although I have never been to Malibu I have had the opportunity to travel to California quite a few times in my life and I must admit, I absolutely love it there. Cali sounds so dreamy right now given the crisp white snow and slick ice that I can see from my office window. Cheers to our Canadian winters - *sigh*.

With our Canadian winters comes dry, itchy skin that requires a lot of attention. Keeping my skin fresh and hydrated is something that I ensure to do all year long. Not only do I care for my hands, arms, legs and feet but I also care about my scalp. Fortunately I don't suffer from a scalp condition but it's really important to me that I keep my scalp healthy for the growth and life of my hair. For this, from Malibu, California comes the Malibu C Scalp Wellness System Kit of Shampoo and Conditioner.

To start with, this shampoo is absolutely divine. Like most people (I'm sure?) I always wash my hair two times when I am in the shower. The first time is what I like to refer to as the surface clean. The second wash is the deep clean. If you're like me, you will find that no matter what shampoo you use, the lather during the surface clean is never as thick and foamy as you like. Shampoo's always seem to lather thicker during the second wash once you have cleaned the surface of your hair and scalp. That's definitely not the case with this shampoo. The Scalp Wellness Shampoo is so thick and creamy, even during the surface clean. The deep clean is a whole other story! The super clean feeling that my scalp and hair is left with immediately after washing is simply out of this world.

Now, the conditioner - So, so cashmere creamy. It doesn't weigh my hair down and all I am left with is silky soft and smooth, shiny, shiny (did I mention shiny?) locks from root to tip! After I use this conditioner, I can literally run my fingers through my hair to comb it out while it is still wet, which is not something that I am usually able to do unless I deep condition.

Not only does the Scalp Wellness shampoo and conditioner define all things good for my scalp and hair but it smells like spearmint gum which I love!

The Malibu C Scalp Wellness shampoo and conditioner are not only specially designed to control and prevent many scalp issues but they are 100% vegan. They aren't 99.9% vegan, they are 100% vegan.
They are sulfate-free and full of vitamin E, plant based proteins, aloe and many other delicious ingredients that our scalp and hair require for health and longevity. 

If that isn't enough, my two other favourite perks about the Scalp Wellness system is that it's so gentle it is perfect to use on babies (assisting with cradle cap) and the shampoo can also double as a body wash to help prevent dry skin. 

Having said that the shampoo can be used as a body wash, I will confess that I used the conditioner to shave my legs. When I got out of the shower, my legs were so soft that I didn't bother putting cream on them. I love that!

So, if you're craving a trip to Malibu but aren't able to make it there, I suggest that you take your hair on a minty trip to Malibu instead. Lounge back in the warm sun, watch the waves, sip on your umbrella drink and feel your pretty hair blow in the salty sweet breeze. But don't forget to pack your Malibu C Scalp Wellness shampoo and conditioner!

xTx

A special thanks to Malibu C for taking such great care of my hair! Not only are the products amazing but the very dedicated people behind the products are too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not Vegan but this has the word "malibu" in it so I must drink it. I mean, try it!

    http://thebestuicanbe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete