Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Night Lesson: Never Give Up!

Last Sunday I hurt my back really bad when I was trying to lift one of the bookcases that I am working on. I don't know technical terms, but I popped some sort of muscle on the left side of my back behind my lung. I couldn't sit, stand or lay down without being in a whole lotta pain. This pain honestly hurt more than anything that I endured during my 18 hours (without an epidural) of labour when I had my daughter. No joke.

My back injury kept me from going to the gym all week long which was really upsetting. Even though I was unable to work out, I felt so guilty that I couldn't be active.

My back is better now but I felt so down about missing a week of working out that I wanted to give up and I was trying to come up with any excuse possible so that I didn't have to meet with my trainer today. Given that I was excuse-less, I fought off the negativity and hit the gym for two hours.

I did 35 mins of cardio and trained the rest of the time. Getting on the weight machines made my body feel so good! It felt great to be back sweating my ass off! It also feels great that my trainer is so impressed with my lower body strength. I can lift 160lbs to 175lbs with my lower body. Although my lower body is strong, I am a weakling when it comes to my arms - I can't even curl 12 reps of 40lbs! Ha Ha Ha! I definitely need to work on that.

I am so glad that I pushed myself and didn't give up today. The feeling of success is very powerful.

If you feel like you want to give up, don't. No matter what your goal may be; stay focused, stay strong and stay in control. Your mind, body and soul will thank you.

Never, never, never, give up.
- Winston Churchill

xTx

No comments:

Post a Comment